Tuesday 29 January 2013

Live, Eat, Relax, Entertain & Nap

Hi again,

I wanted to start with the Living room, I very much wanted a clam white space with comfy sofas and all our books and hopefully somewhere to hide my husbands awful speakers!











Sofa wise the Ikea 3 seater Ektrop sofa was what I wanted but our new livingroom is pretty big so I needed two one to sit in front of each window but at £300 each that was pretty much our whole budget so, the idea was to find them second hand and buy new covers which are £75 each which really brings the cost down.

After much trolling I found one on Ebay and got it for £20! I was so chuffed! its was brown and very badly photographed and not listed as a Ikea 3 seater Ektrop sofa which really helped!

The other one was £25 buy it now, it had just been listed and I was searching quite late at night I was just lucky, again this one was not white but for £25! Who cares! 

Oh the difference of good lighting!


Other bits and bobs...
We were given and old chair by some friends that I plan to paint white and I will be making lots of cushions from burlap, linen and a few out of  this Ikea fabric I just love it! We have been given a coffee table by my Aunt and that will also be getting painted. We have a big bookcase which will be use as a room divider to hide an office area.  
We are going to use 2 Ikea Rast chest of drawers to put the TV on with lots of  DVD storage and hidden cables. They are a bargain at £20 I'm very happy to get these new as I don't think there worth hunting for. 
There are lots of really good Rast hacks I'm undecided what to do with ours I was thinking white with curved beat up chrome handles but I seen a few that have been waxed with dark wax & they look really good.  
I love this its my favourite!

My husband really likes this one I'm not sure.
Maybe for the bedroom......
I will post pictures of the Living room and do before and after's and maybe some step by steps of the TV unit and coffee table makeovers.

Kx



No comments:

Post a Comment