Tuesday 29 January 2013

Sleep & Sweet Dreams

Hi all,

Bedroom ideas: Peaceful restful sleep is my aim for the bedroom, I want something that feels calm & uncluttered, warm yet I would like to carry on the white theme.







I was very sure that I wanted a white metal bed mainly the white metal Ikea bed & it really needed to be a king size, our small double bed that were in at the moment has been upsetting me for many months. I'm married to a bed hogger!!! 


All seemed simple enough & then the budget came & ruined my dream, so in the end after begin out bid on three beds in as many weeks I decided to see what else was out there & I found this.


Well its not my dream bed, its a little boring & is very cream, It was a BTW for £30 I thought at that stage its better to have a bed than no bed at all so I bought it. I really wanted it to be white, so I did some research into what type of paints you can use on metal and decided on Annie Sloane in "Old White" I'm going to use some clear & dark wax in places and rough it up with some sandpaper so it will looks weathered. 

The other main factor in the bedroom is storage, me & my husband both have a lot of clothes. 
We need separate wardrobes & at least a chest of draws each. 
Storage is expensive! I've not worked out the storage ins & outs yet other that I'm going to use the Rast Ikea chest of drawers as bedside tables. 
I found the Hemnes storage bench on gumtree for £25 which will look lovely sat at the end of the bed as an Ottoman great bedding storage! 


A Clear Midnight
This is thy hour O Soul, thy free flight into the wordless,
Away from books, away from art, the day erased, the lesson done,
Thee fully forth emerging, silent, gazing, pondering the themes thou
lovest best.
Night, sleep, and the stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment